Traveling is almost always a good time, and easier than ever thanks to the bevy of apps available to make things a little better. Here are the must-have apps to download before your next trip.
- AirBnB – Everyone knows about this and should be using it if they’re not.
- GeoSure – Give essential details on your destination and helps you stay safe.
- Google Translate – More accurate than not language translator.
- Hopper – Predict when air fares will drop with remarkable accuracy.
- Hostel World – Your one-stop guide to hostels all over the planet.
- Hotel Tonight – Finds great last-minute deals on unsold hotel rooms.
- com – The best prices on hotels and with a rewards program.
- Live ATC – Let’s you eavesdrop on air traffic control.
- Mobile Passport – Helps you skip the line and paperwork at customs in 27 airports in the U.S. and Canada.
- Momondo – One of the premier ways to track the best hotel and flight rates.
- PackPoint – Helps you pack what you really need for your trip.
- Splitwise – If you’re in a group, it tracks expenses and helps accurately divvy them up.
- XE Currency – Converts the money for just about everywhere and tracks market rates.
- What’s App – Free texting and calling as long as you have WiFi.
- Zomato – A great Yelp! substitute for places that don’t have it.